Getting Started So I want to get my dog trained. Now what do I do?
1. First thing make sure dog is current on all shots and is on a heartworm program or been dewormed within the last month. Heartworm program is usuall a pill you get from your vet that you give the dog once a month and covers your main parasites. Now available is a heartworm shot the last 6 month to a year. Pills can be hard to remember to give, so we highly recommend the 6 month or year shot.
2. Print registration form off on Registration Form Tab.
3. Fill out registration form
4. Mail or email registration form and $100 deposit to Utah Bird Dog Training to hold a spot for your dog. We only have a limited number of openings, so this will lock in your spot. Deposit will be applied to first month's training tuition. You can pay the deposit through Venmo using the username of @TyceErickson or through PayPal on the website.
5. We will then contact you via text or email once we received your deposit and registration form to let you know we received it.
6. About a week before your dog is to be dropped off for training we will contact you about a date and time for the hand-off.
7. We will try to get your dog going on the desired start date on your registration form, but we cannot guarantee that we can. Due to training dogs and limited spots available, start times are fluid. We will definitely get you going as quick as possible! Once your dog is on the schedule, you are inline and good to go. Feel free to email, text or call us to get an estimate of about when we can get your dog in for training. We will do our best to give you an idea if all goes to plan. We appreciate your patience and look forward to training your dog!
What do I need for the drop-off?
1. Make sure dog has a regular collar. Identification tags on collar are fine.
2. Copy of shot records.
3. Bring one large bag of quality dog food for each month dog is in training. If you want to use our feeding program it is an additional $50.00 dollars a month. We feed Purina Pro Plan Sport Performance. If you provide your own food, please have all bags of food when dog is dropped off. Any food your dog does not use that you brought will be returned to you at end of training.
4. First month's tuition minus deposit due at drop off and the tuition is due monthly thereafter.
What do I need when I pick up my dog when training is over?
1. Electronic Training Collar
2. We recommend the Sportdog 1825x., 1225x, the Garmin Pro 550 and Garmin Sport Pro. We are a dealer and give our clients a discount if you want to purchase e collar through us.